Views determine which data in a Grid is displayed and how. They also enable users to control access to content. Views represent a way to display all or a subset of data in a customized format for different use cases. For example, different Views can be created for translators, LQA, or external contractors within one Grid.
Create, customize, manage Collaborative Views can only be done by Admin users or users whose Custom Roles are granted Manage projects privileges.
Create a View
By default, when a new Grid is created, a Default View is also generated which shows you all the data in the Grid. This View cannot be deleted, but you can control access to it.
To create a new View:
- Open the Grid and click on the View name in the top-left corner.
- Click Create a view.
- Select the type of View to add:
- Collaborative View: Your team members can see the View, and those with permissions can edit the View.
- Personal View: Only you can open and edit the View.
- Select which columns you want to show in your Views. Click the toggle to select whether to:
- View data: show/hide a column.
- Edit data: be able to edit cell content in a column.
- Click Create.
Customize the View
Now you've created a View, you can customize it to your needs using these functions located next to the View name:
Filter out records with conditions using View filters
- Click to open the View filter.
- Click + Add condition group.
- Add the conditions.
Learn how to use View filters here: View filters.
Prevent other members from editing content by Managing Columns
You can lock a column to make some fields uneditable.
- Click to open Manage columns.
- Find the column you want to lock.
- Toggle off Edit data to prevent anyone from editing its data.
Learn how to Organize columns here: Organizing Columns.
You can Sort your record by one or multiple columns from A→Z or vice versa using Sort.
- Click to open Sort.
- Click + Add Sort.
- Select a column from the drop-down list.
- Select your sorting method.
Share View to your members
In Gridly, when sharing a View, you are sharing your Views to a Group of members.
To check whether the View you've created is shared to the members of a Group:
- Click to open Share view.
- You’ll see if your View is being shared with any Groups and members.
- Search by name to find a specific member, or click a Group to see which members are in the Group.
Export data in a View
You can export the data included in a View.
- Click on the toolbar to export data, or to export data if the View contains translation columns and Dependencies.
- Confirm the options and click Export.
Check the detailed tutorial for Localization Export here: Localization Export and Import in Grid.
Once a record is deleted in a View, it is deleted completely from the Grid. This record will not be available in other Views of that Grid. This is true also for columns — deleting them in a View means deleting them entirely from a Grid.
If you want to create private views that can only be seen by you, you might be interested in this article: Personal Views.