You can now integrate Gridly with Discord using Automations. Stay informed about your projects in Gridly with customizable messages.
When creating an Automation with the “Send a Discord message” action, a Discord message will be sent to your selected channel whenever the Automation runs successfully.
If you are not familiar with creating an Automation, please view the following article: Creating an Automation.
After creating the automation, you need to configure the trigger and action. In this example, we’ll create an automation that sends a message to the Discord channel when a string in the source language column is edited.
Add “Record updated” trigger
- Click Add Trigger, then select “Record updated” from the dropdown list’
- In the Watching columns section, select the Source language column (Source_enUS).
Add “Send Discord message” action
- Click Add Step and select Send a Discord message in the list of actions.
- Webhook URL: Input your webhook URL. If you do not know how to create one, please visit this article: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/228383668-Intro-to-Webhooks
- Message: you can customize the message to your needs. Click Select input value for action to add value from the Grid such as: cell value, Grid name, etc. Our default message would be something like this:
My message would look like this:
Advanced: Send messages to a thread in Discord
You can also add a Thread ID so that messages will be sent to a thread in the channel:
To find the Thread ID:
- Click and click Create to create a thread in the channel.
- Add a Thread Name and enter a message to start the conversation.
- Right click on the starter message and select Copy message link. Paste it to a note.
- Copy the highlighted part only and paste in to the Thread ID in Gridly.
- Switch the toggle on to turn on the automation
- Click Test Automations. If your automation is not turned on, Gridly will require that you turn on the automation in the resulting pop-up message. Click on the toggle to turn on and select Test again.
- (Optional) Change the name of your automation by clicking on the top-right corner.
Now you can edit a record in your Grid and the following message will be sent to your Discord.
To view all the related articles to Automation, click here.