Setting up the automations
- Open a Grid, click on the sidebar to open the Automation setup.
- Select from the suggested Automations, or click Add Automation to create an automation from scratch.
Add a Trigger
- Click Add Trigger and select from the list of available Trigger types. For example, if you select Record updated, it means that the trigger will run when a record is updated on the current Grid.
- Select Watching columns: when you select a column as the watching column, any updates to this column (e.g edit a cell in this column) will fire the trigger.
Not all triggers offer specific configuration. If that's the case, move on to the next step. If you picked the wrong trigger by accident, or would like to try another trigger type for your automations, you can change your trigger type by choosing another option from the "Trigger type" dropdown.
Add an Action
- Select Add Step.
- Select an Action from the Action list. In this example, we will choose “Google Text translate”. After choosing an action, you will be required to fill in some fields depends on which action you selected.
Test the Automation
Now you’re done setting up, you need to test the Automations to check it works.
- Click the toggle button on the top left corner to turn on the Automation.
- Click Test Automation to run the test.
If an Automation is tested successfully, you can now start using your Automation in the Grid.
Manage the Automation
Edit the Automation's description
You can edit the Automation description from the Grid sidebar, in the Automations section. Click and select Edit description.
Change the image of the Automation
You can change the representative image of Automation. Click on the image and select Upload photo.
Gridly accepts images in PNG, SVG, JPG, JPEG formats. The maximum size is 500kb.
Invoke all records
If you want to run the Automation on all records without waiting for a Trigger’s condition, select Invoke records.
Duplicate the Automation
From the Automations sidebar, click next to the Automation name and select Duplicate.
Duplicate the Automation to another view
From the Automations sidebar, click next to the Automation name and select Duplicate to another view, then select the view.
Delete the Automation
From the Automations sidebar, click next to the Automation name and select Delete, and confirm the deletion
Rename the Automation
From the Automations sidebar, click next to the Automation name and type in the new Automation name.