memoQ is a proprietary computer-assisted translation software suite which runs on Microsoft Windows operating systems. As well as desktop versions, memoQ also has a web version.
The memoQ Add-on for Gridly facilitates the exchange of content back and forth between Gridly and memoQ, replacing the need to manually export and import files with translations.
- Navigate to Add-ons in the top right corner, select memoQ Add-on, and click install.
- Once installed, follow the instructions in the add-on settings:
- If you are using memoQ cloud:
- Go to memoQ cloud. In the settings panel, select IP filtering for the Web Service API.
- Add IP address 22.214.171.124 to allow Gridly to connect to the Web Service API. It could take several minutes until this change takes effect.
- Copy the WEB SERVICE API ACCESS POINT and paste it into the box.
- Open the memoQ desktop application and select Server Administrator.
- Click to connect the memoQ server, under Category, select Web Service Interface.
- Select Enable API Key, copy the key and paste it into the box.
- Click Connect to connect to your memoQ account.
- If you are using memoQ server:
- Follow this guide to enable Web service API: https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/memoQ-server-deployment-tool/deptool-configure-server.html
- Copy the base address and append the suffix “/memoqservices/” to obtain a Web Service API access point. For example, if your base address is https://abc.com, then your Web Service API access point is https://abc.com/memoqservices/
- Paste the Web Service API access point into the corresponding box.
- Copy the API key and paste into the corresponding box.
- If you are using memoQ cloud:
Once the Add-on is installed, a small memoQ icon will appear in the right-side panel. Click on the icon to open the Add-on. If everything is set up correctly, the button “Push to memoQ” is displayed.
If the button is not displayed, check that the active View contains a source language, a target language, and Dependencies are set between them.
Working with the memoQ Add-on
The Add-on pushes content from the active View of your Grid to memoQ where the translation documents for selected language pairs are created.
1. Selecting content to push to memoQ
Use View filters to filter content to be pushed to memoQ from the View (for example, you may want to push only untranslated records to memoQ). The Add-on only pushes content displayed in localization columns within the current View. You can also choose to push optional additional columns, containing information corresponding to attributes used by memoQ (Context key, Comment Column, Maximum length).
2. Choose a project in memoQ
After selecting the content you want to push to memoQ, click on the “Push to memoQ” button in the Add-on, accessible from the right-side panel.
There are three ways to push content from the active View of your Grid to memoQ as translation documents:
- As a part of a new project created by the Add-on.
- As a part of a new project created from a memoQ template.
- Under an already existing project in memoQ.
3. Selecting language pairs to push to memoQ
In the dialog, select the source language(s), target languages, and additional columns found in your View to be pushed to memoQ. Select the desired languages, and click Push.
Important: To be able to select the desired language pairs, they need to be part of the active View. Columns of a localization data type and appropriate Dependencies need to be set between the columns.
Pushing translated content from memoQ to Gridly
Once content is pushed to memoQ, the Add-on creates translation documents with language pairs in memoQ. When any of the translation documents is set to Delivered, it serves as a trigger to push the content back from memoQ to Gridly.
After delivering the translation document from memoQ, the content is automatically updated in your Grid and corresponding Views.
How Dependencies are updated by the add-on
If out-of-date or unset records are updated with new translations from memoQ, their dependency status will automatically be changed to up-to-date.
The status of records that are currently out-of-date or unset and were not changed by translators in memoQ will stay the same, even when content is pushed back from memoQ to Gridly. This is due to no change being performed in memoQ.