Gridly spell check can detect and correct spelling mistakes in more than 30 languages, saving you time and ensuring accuracy.
Gridly spellcheck is currently in Beta version. Feel free to try it and provide feedback if desired here.
Enable spell check in a Grid
- Open a Grid with localization columns.
- On the header, click to enable the spell check.
Check spelling and grammar
- Double-click on a cell to expand, or right-click and select Open Extended View.
- Wait for Gridly to process the spell check. If a spelling or grammar error was found, it will be underlined.
- Hover over the underlined error to see possible corrections. If you want to:
- Accept the suggestion: Click on the suggestion words.
- Add a spelling exception: click Add to personal dictionary. Then you'll find the newly added exception under the Personal Dictionary tab:
- Ignore the error for now: click Dismiss.
- Spelling errors: underlined in red, including: typos, repeated words, and capitalization errors.
- Style errors: underlined in blue, including: incorrect word usage, unclear phrasing, and other stylistic issues.
- Grammatical errors: underlined in yellow, including: subject-verb agreement, verb tense, pronoun errors, article errors, and preposition errors.
When a word deemed an error is added to a personal dictionary, it will be underlined in green. To remove the word from personal dictionary, hover to it and click Remove from personal dictionary.
Manage Personal dictionary
- Click on your avatar icon in the top right corner, then select My profile.
- Open Personal Dictionary tab.
- You'll see all the words you added to the personal dictionary. These words won't be flagged as spelling errors.
Import personal dictionary
- Download the existing dictionary. All your existing phrases will be pre-populated in the template.
- Add new phrases or delete any existing ones that you no longer want to use.
- Upload the adjusted dictionary as CSV by clicking Upload CSV.
If you upload a CSV that does not contain entries in your dictionary, they will be deleted.
Search, add, delete terms
Click on the search bar to search the terms.
To add a term manually, click + Add to Dictionary.
To delete a term, click on the checkbox next to the term and click , click Remove to confirm deletion.
We are using LanguageTool to check spelling. You can find more than 30 supported languages here.