About Gridly AI
Gridly AI is currently in Beta. We would love to receive any feedback here.
Gridly AI enables you to translate and ask questions to validate your translations all in one place. This can help increase your productivity and accuracy.
Gridly AI (beta) is free for all users at the moment. Your company in Gridly will be given free tokens to try Gridly AI. Number of free tokens of your company will be based on your company's plan:
- Free plan: 1000 free tokens (~= 750 words)
- Professional plan: 5000 free tokens (~= 3750 words)
The number of free tokens will be reset at the end of each month at midnight UTC..
What are tokens and how to count them?
According to OpenAI, tokens can be thought of as pieces of words. Before the API processes the prompts, the input is broken down into tokens. You can use this Tokenizer tool to calculate the number of tokens of your prompt. Here are some helpful rules of thumb for understanding tokens in terms of lengths:
- 1 token ~= 4 chars in English
- 1 token ~= ¾ words
- 100 tokens ~= 75 words
- 1-2 sentence ~= 30 tokens
- 1 paragraph ~= 100 tokens
- 1,500 words ~= 2048 tokens
Install Gridly AI
- Click to open Gridly AI
- Click on Install now to open the Add-on page.
- Click Install on the corner, you'll be asked to agree to the Gridly AI terms of service, click the checkbox then click Confirm to finish installing.
Gridly AI for localization
You can use Gridly AI to rephrase, shorten, translate, suggest variants, correction and even analyze sentiment.
To use this function, you need to select a cell in a localization column.
Translate with AI
- Click on a cell in the target language column you want to translate.
- (Optional) Add context for more accurate translations
- Click Translate with AI
- Click on the translated text to insert it to your selected cell.
Customize content with AI suggestions
- Click on a cell in the localization column. For the target language column, you need to translate it with AI before having the option to customize content
- Select one of the options:
- Rephrase: rewriting content to better suit the context. Rephrase works better if you add context.
- Shorten: reducing the length of text while maintaining its meaning and clarity.
- Suggest variants: providing alternative translations or content.
- Correction: fixing errors (grammar, syntax, vocabulary, terminology) in the text.
- Sentiment analysis: analyze the emotion of the text (negative, neutral, positive).
- Click on the result to insert it to your selected cell. If you like the previous version, click on the to switch back, then click the result to insert.
Gridly AI as a chat assistant
- On the Grid page, Open Gridly AI from the sidebar.
- Open the Chat tab
- Ask Gridly AI any questions. You can ask about how to use Gridly, or even general knowledge questions.
- To start a new topic click .