In this article:
- Prerequisites for enabling Google Text Translate Automation
Gridly Automations provides you the opportunity to multi-translate with leading machine translation solutions such as Google Translate, along with the ability to set up a fully automated multi-language pre-translation workflow, helping you save time and money with machine translation.
When creating an Automation with the “Google Text Translate” action, the strings in the language column you selected will be translated to the desired target language whenever the Automation runs successfully.
If you are not familiar with creating an Automation, please view the following article: Creating an Automation.
Prerequisites for enabling Google Text Translate Automation
This is available for Professional and Enterprise plans, with the paid Automation action: Google Text Translate. Check this article to find out how to purchase.
After creating the Automation, you need to configure the trigger and action. In this example, we’ll create an Automation that translates the source strings (English) to French, Italian and German when a record in the source language column (English) is edited.
Add “Record updated” trigger
- Click Add Trigger, then select “Record updated” from the dropdown list.
- In the Watching columns section, select the Source language column (Source_enUS)
Add “Google Text Translate” action
- Click Add Step and select Google Text Translate from the list of actions
- Fill in the required fields:
- Select original language of the text: Select the source language of the text.
- Select language to translate to: Select the target language that matches with the target language column.
- Select Output column to hold the result: select the target language column in your Grid
If you want to add another target column to be translated into using Google Text Translate:
- Click next to the action, and select Duplicate action from the list.
- Click on the new duplicated action.
- Change the input value to another language in the Select language to translate to and Select Output column to hold the result fields.
- Switch the toggle on to turn on the Automation.
- Click Test Automation. If your Automation is not turned on, Gridly will require that you turn on the Automation in the resulting pop-up message. Click on the toggle to turn on and select Test again.
Invoke records to apply the Automations to existing records
If you want to run the Automation on all records without the Trigger, select Invoke records.
To view all the related articles to Automations, click here.