In this article:
- What is SSO?
- Setting Single Sign on in Gridly
- Create SAML Integration
- SAML Configuration for Gridly
- Assign users to Gridly
What is SSO?
Single Sign-on (SSO) allows Gridly users to log in to Gridly via an identity provider (IDP) of their choice. This allows admin users to better manage team access and keeps information secure.
Note: SAML single sign-on is only available on the Enterprise plan. If you are interested in inquiring about Enterprise pricing, please contact us here.
Setting Single Sign on in Gridly
Note: only Owner or customized company Roles that have the same rights as Owners can access Security options.
- On the Dashboard page, click and select Company Settings.
- Select Security from the side panel.
- Click Enable in the Setting Single Sign on (SSO) section.
- You’ll find the Add Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) URL and Service Provider metadata URL. Copy these links and paste them to the SAML Settings in your Identity Provider application later.
Create SAML Integration
To get started, you’ll need to set up a connection (or connector) for Gridly with your IDP (for example, G Suite (SAML), Okta, and others).
Below are the instructions for setting up Gridly SAML SSO with Okta. If you use a different identity provider and need assistance with configuration, please contact our support team.
Setting up SSO with Okta
- Sign in to your Okta account as a user with administrative privileges.
- Click the Admin button in the top right corner.
- Go to Applications > Applications.
- Click Create App Integration.
- Select SAML 2.0 in the Sign-in method section and click Next.
- On the General Settings tab, enter Gridly as the App Name and optionally upload a Gridly logo (you can download the Gridly logo here).
- Click Next.
- On the Configure SAML tab, use the SAML information that you've gathered in the Setting Single Sign on in Gridly step to configure the settings of your integration.
- In the Single Sign-on URL field, enter the Add Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) URL from Gridly.
- Enter the Service Provider metadata URL from Gridly into the Audience URI (SP Entity ID) field
- Choose the Name ID format and Application username that must be sent to Gridly in the SAML response (for example, EmailAddress and Email) or leave the defaults.
- Complete information in the Feedback tabs and click Finish
SAML Configuration for Gridly
- Select Company Settings > Security. Select Enable in the Single Sign-on section.
- Fill in the IdP metadata URL field with Identity Provider metadata URL in Okta.
Assign users to Gridly
You must assign Gridly integration to users in your organization for them to access Gridly through your identity provider:
- Click the Assignments tab.
- Click Assign and then select either Assign to People or Assign to Groups.
- Enter the appropriate people or groups that you want to have Single Sign-On for Gridly, and then click Assign for each.
- For any people that you add, verify the user-specific attributes, and then select Save and Go Back.
- Click Done.
Now assigned users can log in to Gridly with SSO/SAML. You can log in to Gridly through your identity provider, or access: https://app.gridly.com/signin and select Sign in with SSO/SAML.