Memsource is a translation management software that combines traditional translation technology with patented AI technology to speed up the translation process and reduce costs.
Memsource Add-on for Gridly ensures the exchange of content back and forth between Gridly and Memsource without a need to manually export and import files with translations. Check out the following video to see how the add-on works.
- Navigate to Add-ons in the top right corner, select Memsource Add-on, and click install.
- Once installed, follow the instructions in the add-on settings:
- Copy the Redirect URI from the add-on settings
- Create a new Registered OAuth app in Memsource and fill in details
- Copy Client ID from Memsource and paste it into the add-on’s settings
- Click Connect and authorize access of your company to your Memsource account.
Once the add-on is installed, a small Memsource icon appears in the right-side panel. Click on the icon to open the add-on. If everything is set up correctly, the button “Push to Memsource” is displayed.
If the button is not displayed, check that the active View contains a source language, a target language, and Dependencies are set between them.
Working with the Memsource Add-on
The Add-on pushes content from the active View of your Grid to Memsource where jobs for selected language pairs are created.
1. Selecting content to push to Memsource
Use View filters to filter content that is pushed to Memsource from the View (for example, to push to Memsource only untranslated records). The add-on transmits only content displayed in localization columns within the current View, together with additional columns containing information corresponding to attributes used by Memsource (Context key, Context note, Maximum length).
2. Choose a project in Memsource
After selecting content you want to push to Memsource, click on the “Push to Memsource” button in the add-on accessible from the right-side panel.
There are three ways how a job can be created in Memsource:
- As a part of a new project created by the Add-on.
- As a part of a new project created from a Memsource’s template.
- Under an already existing project in Memsource.
3. Selecting language pairs to push to Memsource
In the dialog, select the source language(s), target languages, and additional columns of your View to be pushed to Memsource. Select the desired languages, and click Push.
Important: To be able to select the desired language pairs, it needs to be part of the active View as columns of localization data type and Dependencies need to be set between the columns.
Pushing translated content from Memsource to Gridly
Once the content was pushed to Memsource, the add-on created jobs with language pairs in Memsource. When any of the jobs is marked as completed in Memsource, it serves as a trigger to push the content back from Memsource to Gridly.
After completing the job in Memsource the content is automatically updated in your Grid and corresponding Views (a browser refresh might be needed to show the updated content).
How Dependencies are updated by the add-on
If the out-dated or un-set records are updated with new translations from Memsource, their dependency status is automatically changed to up-to-date.
The status of records that are out-of-date and weren’t changed by translators in Memsource stays the same even after content is being pushed back from Memsource to Gridly.