In this article:
- What is a Company Role?
- What is a Project Role?
- What is a Company Group?
- How to invite team members or contributors
Before starting to invite members to your Gridly company, you need to understand that a member in your company has two roles (Company Role and Project Role) and belongs to one or many company groups.
What is a Company Role?
A company can have many members, and a member can belong to many companies. Each member in a company have their own Company Roles.
Company Roles define a user's right at the higher, company level. There are three default Company Roles: Owner, Admin, User.
As for what each of these company roles can do, it’s summarized in the following table:
What is a Project Role?
Project Roles dictate how a user can interact with content in a given Projects.
There are 5 available Project Roles in Gridly:
- Creator: can fully manage databases, grids and views
- Editor: can edit columns and records in shared views
- Translator: can work in the assigned languages in the shared views
- Viewer: cannot edit in shared views
- Localization Manager: can edit records and localization features.
What is a Company Group?
Company Group is a group of members who have accesses to the specified projects/databases and shared views. Each member of a company belongs to a company group.
There are 2 default company groups in Gridly:
- Full access: have the full accesses to every Grids and their shared views. Members whose Company Roles are admins and owners are automatically added in this company group.
- Translator: have accesses to views that shared by the Owner or Admin.
You can edit accesses of a company group and add more members to the group in the Company settings
How to invite team members or contributors
You can invite members of your team from the bottom left corner of your project. They can be your in-house colleagues or freelancers - all you need is their email addresses.
- Click the Invite Member button at the bottom left corner of your project
When you invite someone, you can decide what role they are and what type of access they'll have:
- Admin - can manage everything in the company except billing and company info., have the full access to Grids, databases and projects.
- User - can only work with database and Grids, see views that shared to User's Company groups by Admin or Owner
You may control which data they have access to or add new role from the Company Roles tab on Company Settings page
1. Invite Admin
- Enter email address. You can invite members in bulk by clicking the menu button at top and uploading your CSV file.
- Click Add Another Member if needed.
- Click Send Invites.
2. Invite User
- Click on the icon next to Invite to switch the member's role to User
- Enter email address
- Select checkboxes if the users are translators and add language pairs (include a source language to view and a target language for translators to edit)
- Add users to the company groups so they can see views that are shared to the group. You can select an existing group or create your own.
- Now the invitations have been sent. You can assign different Project roles in each Project for every new members by selecting one of the options below.
Read next: Company roles and user access rights