What is Gridly?
Gridly is a spreadsheet for multilingual content with an open API, browser-based spreadsheet UI, and built-in functions to handle localization and frequent updates. It is a collaborative system for users of any technical ability. Teams can easily store, create, translate, manage, and update structured content in one tool in real-time.
Gridly really shines when it comes to the management of meta- and structured data that contain a combination of data types. Such as an in-app item that the users can buy. This object may contain a name, an image, a description, translation of the description, and a price. Once you have this data in Gridly it is easy for you to share all or parts of it with your team.
Gridly core features
Discover Gridly key features to manage your content as a single source of truth.
- Version control. Branch the data set, try things out in isolation, then merge changes back into the main branch.
- Undo function. See who changed your data and when. Undo if you made a mistake.
- Collaboration & user access control. Invite external or internal vendors to your projects and define their access rights: admin, translator, or custom. You can configure access to certain parts of your content or create separate views for different teams.
- Instant filtering. Zip through 1 million rows to quickly get the data you need in a split second.
- Translation memory. Use the built-in TM or import your own.
- Dependencies. Change text freely - Gridly automatically notifies translators about the strings to retranslate or the voice-overs that need to be re-recorded.
- Open API. Control when to push data to your app or game. Synchronize or import data from external systems into Gridly or let them read data from Gridly.
How data is organized in Gridly
Gridly structures data from companies, projects to databases, and grids.
Company > Project > Database > Grid
Gridly users work with databases. Each database contains multiple grids (spreadsheets). A grid is a collection of records (content).
Gridly adopts a grid interface, which consists of columns and rows, same as Excel or Spreadsheet programs. Each record is displayed as a row. Multiple users can work in the same grid with edits and changes being updated in real-time.
Read next: How to set up a Gridly account.